Sunday, May 31, 2009

Oakland Press Story: Baseball District Finals

From today's edition of the Oakland Press:


This was a very interesting game to cover, considering there wasn't a press box or set arrangements for the media at the tournament. So I found myself sitting in the top corner of the bleachers attempting to ignore the murmurs of multiple parents about sub-par officiating while fighting the wind, which kept trying to rip my notebook out of my hand. 

After the game I had the unfortunate task of interviewing a coach who was both upset with the loss, the officials, his players and just about anything else you could think of. Despite his multiple qualms the coach actually did provide quotable material you'll find in the story linked above. 

Be sure to check back soon, tonight I'll be covering a Michigan Bucks (semi-pro soccer) game at 7:30 in a story for Tuesday's paper. Should be an exciting game, they're 2-1-1 so far this season and tickets are under 10 bucks.

No comments: