Considering half of the announcers for NBC 's family of networks are working from New York City announcing while watching the event televised rather than living the atmosphere and actually experiencing it live, I will give you my take of what's going in Beijing, reporting live from the living room couch with the remote in my hand.
Well I just got to watch the last race of American Brendan Hansen's Olympic career in the final of the 100 meter breaststroke, not only did he lose to his hated rival Kosuke Kitajima who won gold for the second straight Olympics, but also had to endure the pain on knowing Kitajima not only took his chance at gold, crushed Hansen's former world record but the final nail in the coffin were Kitajima's screams. Watching the event live, er.. on my living room television my blood curdled when it heard the noise coming from the mad Japanese man, his screams of celebration sounded like the screams of a warrior who had just scalped his enemy and was ready for more. Kitajima probably is ready to scalp more opponents in his next event the 200 m breaststroke.
Prior to heading to the watercube to watch Olympic swimming I spent the prior evening enjoying prime time Chinese basketball against the United States. Amongst the stars at the game were both the Chinese and American presidents who I feel would put together a pretty competitive one-on-one basketball game. Perhaps George Bush hitting a fade away three at the buzzer to beat Chinese president Hu Jintao on international television. I see ratings shooting through the roof.
The best part of my couch based journey to Beijing has got to be the food, I've enjoyed cold pizza, old bagels and a bowl of mint ice cream. Well I've to avoid traffic and find my way to the kitchen, Sean Shapiro signing off from my Beijing satellite location, the couch.
No comments:
Post a Comment