I've never been one for jumping onto bandwagons, in fact my junior year of high school I wrote a column ripping Detroit sports fans for bandwagon jumping. I won't be jumping on the Tampa Rays' bandwagon or go by a Brett Favre Jets' jersey, I don't jump on bandwagons, I start them.
Watching the Olympics has introduced me to the fast paced sport of team handball, I believe it could hit it big in the United States with the right audience. It has all the aspects of sport that American's love, it's high scoring; teams usually put up anywhere from 25 to 30 goals a game. Handball also has dramatic finishes, with both teams filling the net the last three minutes are exciting like the last 30 seconds of close college basketball game. Similar to basketball, hockey and soccer the sport has a team aspect that flows throughout while still allowing for the flashy individual play. Most goals are scored by players launching their bodies through the air with no concern about the landing, it's exciting and a bit violent; what many Americans' look for in a sport.
If your interested in a sport which has thrilling, high-scoring finishes with athletes who are working as a team while allowing for the flashy individual effort you will love handball. Join now the first thousand to jump on won't be considered bandwagon jumpers, those who join after handball hits fame will be considered bandwagon jumping leaches. If you don't like it try another sport, handball is my bandwagon, I make the rules.
No comments:
Post a Comment