Sunday, July 20, 2008

Michelle Wie is an idiot


Michele Wie should have been contending for the LPGA's state farm classic today, she could've been hosting a trophy finally dispelling some of the backlash against her. But she's not, and its not the mistake of an overshot put or misjudging the wind on a tee shot, no, Wie is not doing any of the above because she was disqualified for not signing her score card.

Not signing her score card? Thats like giving up in the super bowl because you forgot to bring a kicker to the game. Wie not only was playing her best ever LPGA round but was given the chance to win her first event proving naysayers wrong about the teenager. The fact being, I am one year older than the 18 year old Wie I have the right to criticize my age bracket more than any ESPN analyst. Wie is an idiot, plain and and simple, I have made lots of mistakes in my life that I want back (take one look at my car history) but when it comes to something that is potentially career changing and could define my life, I am going to pay attention to all detail, especially signing the scorecard.

So when life gives you the chance to prove others wrong, make sure you sign the scorecard and take credit for what you've done.

No comments: