Thursday, July 10, 2008

I shot a 42 on 18 holes of golf tonight...


True it was mini golf, but still you've got to give me credit for shooting a 42 on a par 36 course. I recorded a single birdie aka hole-in-one and never recorded anything higher than a 3 aka a bogey. Looking at mini golf tonight made me question to things in regards to the umm... sport. One, could I beat Tiger Woods at mini golf? Sure he's the best golfer in the world but put him in a park with me, without the aspect of driving, chipping or actual golf I think I might give Mr. Woods a run for his money. Mini golf is a lot of luck and yes he would hit all the dead on shots, but think about the angles and bank shots required. I know it will never happen but I would love to see a Happy Gillmore-esque finish to a major golf tournament where he puts off the fallen scaffolding.

The other thought my stellar mini golf play brought up is the etiquette of the sport/game/good date activity that is mini golf. Personally tonight there was one group that I believe broke all the rules of the sport. It was a family of 7, I'm not against family in any shape or form, but when taking your family mini golfing the groups should be split up into no more than a foursome. Four goes quick enough and on the average hole it should take two to three minutes. Also the max shots should be six per person, some courses say five, I think six is a good number because it stops the jerk who over puts in every direction from taking others time on the course. Six is also a good number because that is a quadruple bogey on most courses, and that should inspire the golfer to improve their golf game or get out of others way. I also don't think you should play around slow moving groups, if there is a grandmother and her three grand kids play through them, they'll still be at the same hole if you go around and come back 15 minutes later. And my last mini golf must is a good calm celebration for the whole-in-one. Perhaps a fist pump or a high five, not a Tiger Woods like fall to your torn ACL ridden knees, unless you just putted to win the match against your buddy.

One last thing about Tiger Woods and mini golf, all the hubbub about Woods not being able to play well after knee surgery is nothing to take seriously. I tore my ACL and as you know tonight I dominated the mini golf course.

In a first for the Midnight Shift today I learned another person than myself has read this blog, which means I have to keep it clean and improve it's quality. And if you are reading this feel free to comment and tell me how you play mini golf, disagree with me on something or even something not even relevant to this post or any prior posts. That's all for me, peace.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

hey sean

where did u shoot a 42? thats pretty impressive, but once upon a time, i shot 40 and won a free game at sport-n-fun, (grand river + orchard lake)

Sean Shapiro said...

my 42 was at sport-n-fun